CITY Volunteer expectations and "Opt-out Fee"- $100 per account/family
Not only does volunteering support the club philosophy of development of the player on and off the field, but it also fosters a club culture and serves as a platform to create strong relationships between CITY families, coaches, players, and staff.
As a member of CITY, we expect the families of our players to volunteer four hours per season or eight hours per year. However, if you are unable to fulfill this request, you may choose to opt out and pay the volunteer opt-out fee of $100 per account/family at the time of registration. To ensure the success of our programs, we rely heavily on volunteers. Here are examples of volunteer opportunities within CITY that utilizes club members to function and to keep costs down for our participants.
- Our free Special Needs Clinic, "Schools Out" and Homeschooled Families clinics, and our Pathway Program.
- Club-wide events such as the CITY Kickoff BBQ, Bingo Night and the Spring Golf/Raffle Fundraiser, all of which help support our Scholarship Fund.
- CITY will host our first club tournament in October 2016. The Ellicott City Soccer CUP.
- CITY supports community events
- Concession stand at home matches as a service to the families attending games.
- Field set up and tear down.
- Lining of the fields.
CITY has awarded over $45,000 in scholarships over the last two years through our need-based scholarship program. Applications must be submitted in order to receive assistance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org upon making a team for further details. CITY will also request families that receive financial assistance to volunteer 16 additional hours in the 2016-2017 year. (A total of 24 hours)
Teams are formed at tryouts and each player is an integral part of the team and the club. Your team cannot function without you! Therefore, our refund policy is designed to protect the team and the club, refunds will be considered only in extreme circumstances for the following reasons:
- Player moving out of the area.
- Severe injury or illness that prevents the player from participating for the remainder of the season (requires note from a physician).
- Player cannot be placed or is removed from a team. Please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com.
The amount to be pro-rated at time of request for refund will reflect an administrative fee of $200. Uniform Fees: Once the uniform is ordered, it is non-refundable. All online processing fees are non-refundable.